Compare table structures between two schema

From: Jayaraman Ashok <ashok_jayaraman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Aug 2003 23:17:42 -0700

Hi
I am maintaining a customized Oracle 11.5.4 setup. I would like to know what tables and objects have been modified from the base or standard 11i setup. I plan to achieve this by comparing the customized setup with another standard 11.5.4 setup by using the dba_tab_columns where i will get to know the columns,datatypes,length/precision etc. Can somebody guide me as to how to go about it ? Do i take the output into a flat file and then import into excel to compare or can i write a shell script that can compare the outputs and give the differing tablename/columnname etc. Either case give me some hints.

Thanks,
Ashok Received on Wed Aug 20 2003 - 01:17:42 CDT