Re: When and How to run dbms_stats.gather

From: Andras Kovacs <andkovacs_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Aug 2003 09:45:33 -0700

I think we all share the same point of view regarding dbms_Stats. However there was a person really pushing hard on logging out users from the system (this was our third party software provider). We are in the utility business so the system is up 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. My manager will take of this other company.

Now regarding dbms_stats causing system crash. Sounds crazy but happens with IOT tables ! Oracle has a few troubles with IOTs. We have been testing Oracle 9.2.0.3 and we encountred some major problems that prevents us from upgrading oracle. We have 5 Tars opened on IOTs and we are working on the test cases. Received on Tue Aug 19 2003 - 11:45:33 CDT