Re: MTS not workin ??

From: Harald Maier <maierh_at_myself.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 17:11:22 +0200

ibrahim.dogan_at_lowes.com (Ibrahim DOGAN) writes:

> quarkman <quarkman_at_myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:<oprt4djwoozkogxn_at_haydn>...
>> mts_dispatchers=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(DISPATCHERS=3)
>> mts_servers=5
>>
>> You don't need a 'listener' parameter in the setting for dispatchers,
>> because quite evidently, your listener runs tcp/ip on port 1521, and those
>> are the defaults, and therefore the dispatchers will register themselves
>> with that in any case. You only need all that other guff if your listener
>> is not running tcp/ip, not on port 1521, or isn't called "listener".
>>

> here is the values of mts_* parameters after i left only 2 mts
> parameters in init.ora file as you specified above:
>
> SELECT name, value FROM v$parameter WHERE name like 'mts%';
>
> NAME VALUE
> -------------------- -----------------------------
> mts_dispatchers (PROTOCOL=TCP)(DISPATCHERS=3)
> mts_servers 5
> mts_max_servers 20
> mts_max_dispatchers 5
> mts_sessions 33
> mts_circuits 38
> mts_service PRACTICE
> mts_listener_address [NULL]
> mts_multiple_listeners FALSE

Looks good!

Now look again to 'lnsrctl services'. Do you see the dispatcher entry? If yes, then make a tnsnames.ora entry with a SERVER=SHARED entry. If you have specified a SERVICE=<name> in the mts_dispatchers entry then you can connect directly to the service name an then you don't need the SERVER=SHARED entry. But I am not sure whether this will work under 8.1.7. Unfortunately my 8.1.7 system is specified with a compatible mode 8.0.5 and there the specified SERVICE is not shown with 'lsnrctl services'. See a previous mail from me that contains an example.

Harald Received on Tue Aug 19 2003 - 10:11:22 CDT