Re: MTS not workin ??

From: Harald Maier <maierh_at_myself.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:49:16 +0200

ibrahim.dogan_at_lowes.com (Ibrahim DOGAN) writes:

> quarkman <quarkman_at_myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:<oprt4djwoozkogxn_at_haydn>...

>> All you should have is:
>>
>> mts_dispatchers=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(DISPATCHERS=3)
>> mts_servers=5
>>
>> You don't need a 'listener' parameter in the setting for
>> dispatchers, because quite evidently, your listener runs tcp/ip on
>> port 1521, and those are the defaults, and therefore the
>> dispatchers will register themselves with that in any case. You
>> only need all that other guff if your listener is not running
>> tcp/ip, not on port 1521, or isn't called "listener".
>>
>> With that tidied up (and don't forget to bounce your instance), you
>> need to make sure that the listener has recived registration
>> details from the dispatchers:
>>
>> lsnrctl services
>>
> Ora version is 8.1.7
> now i have only mts_servers and mts_dispatchers parameters as you
> specified...
> i shutdown and restarted the instance..
> stopped and started the listener..
> when i do 'lsnrctl services', i get the following:
>   PLSExtProc            has 1 service handler(s)
>     DEDICATED SERVER established:0 refused:0
>       LOCAL SERVER
>   PRACTICE              has 1 service handler(s)
>     DEDICATED SERVER established:0 refused:0
>       LOCAL SERVER
>   RCAT          has 1 service handler(s)
>     DEDICATED SERVER established:0 refused:0
>       LOCAL SERVER
>   mrdbdev               has 1 service handler(s)
>     DEDICATED SERVER established:0 refused:0
>       LOCAL SERVER

I did the following addition to a 8.1.7 database (first) and then I restarted the 8.1.7 listner. You should find a service with the dispatcher. As HJR pointed out the process of registration is dynamic, why it is also called dynamic registration. So the entries in the listner.ora file are not necessary. You need the entries for OMS so that the services will be visible in OEM.

If I look to your mts_dispatcher clause then there are no quotes. They are necessary otherwise you would get an startup failure.

Here a tested environment: If the dynamic view v$session contains a server entry 'NONE' then you should be happy.

,----[ initfirst.ora ]

,----[ lsnrctl services ]

`----

,----[ tnsnames.ora ]

`----

,----[ v$session ]

| SID   SER US         PROCE STATUS   SERVER    PROGRAM
|   9    17 SCOTT      1940: INACTIVE NONE      sqlplus.exe
`----

Harald Received on Tue Aug 19 2003 - 09:49:16 CDT