Re: Avoiding any locks in SQL Servers - read and understand....its magic.

From: Guido Stepken <stepken_at_little-idiot.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:46:59 +0200

lello, Dieter !

Try the following:

Continuously write into the database rows in a endless loop with transactional mode set to SERIALIZE, COMMITTED ..., and then try with any client to read from the database. You will be blocked. Not so with PostgreSQL, Firebird, LogicSQL, Oracle.
Then do a export of data into a file, a backup, during the write loop. You will see.

PostgreSQL documentation you find everywhere, search google.

Look also at LogicSQL documentation, it is very well described MVCC, MVTO.

There are lies, damn lies and Microsoft !!!! SQL Server can easily be hunted down in benchmarks....feel lucky, if the system works without chaotic, undeterministic hangups.

regards, Guido Stepken