Re: MTS not workin ??

From: quarkman <quarkman_at_myrealbox.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 20:19:45 +1000

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:22:28 +0200, Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

> On 18 Aug 2003 14:10:45 -0700, ibrahim.dogan_at_lowes.com (Ibrahim DOGAN)
> wrote:
>
>> I configured the MTS by changing the following init.ora params:
>>
>> NAME NEW VALUE VALUE
>> ======== ================== mts_dispatchers
>> (PROTOCOL=TCP)(DISPATCHERS=3)(CONNECTIONS=100) (LISTENER=
>> (ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP) (PORT=1521) (HOST=testhost))))
>> mts_servers 5
>> mts_max_servers 10
>> mts_max_dispatchers 10
>> mts_sessions 33
>> mts_circuits 38
>> mts_service PRACTICE
>>
>> Server starts up fine and i see ora_s00x_PRACTICE processes but i
>> can't get a shared connection in v$sessions no matter what i do..
>> when i connect to server, the connections show up as 'dedicated' in
>> v$session.server column...
>>
>> when i add 'SERVER=SHARED' to tnsnames.ora of client box and try to
>> connect, it gives error like 'server type not found'...
>>
>> so it seems oracle is still cofigured as dedicated server..
>>
>> where do i go wrong?
>>
>> thanks in advance
>> i.d.
>
> You did bounce the listener? What does lsnrctl services tell you? You
> should have the dispatchers listed!

Sorry to be picky, Sybrand, but bouncing the listener is not required. Assuming registration is configured properly, then merely re-bouncing the instance is sufficient.

If the OP has 9i, then an 'alter system register' will force dynamic registration with the listener, regardless of whether it itself has been bounced. But even in 8i, a re-start of the instance will do it.

Regards
HJR Received on Tue Aug 19 2003 - 05:19:45 CDT