Datatype in stored functions

From: Hans Sauren <hsauren_at_gruen-ag.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 15:38:29 +0200

Hi all,
we have to write a stored function which tests whether a value is NULL or 0 or spaces in charfields. We want to give the function a parameter with the content of the field (or possibly the result of a term). Therefore the datatype of the parameter is undetermined or like SQL_VARIANT in Microsoft SQL Server). How can we implement this in ORACLE 8.1.7?

Thanks for any suggestion
Hans Sauren Received on Mon Aug 18 2003 - 08:38:29 CDT