Problems with Oracle 8.1.7 under UNITED LINUX (SuSE 8.1)

From: Markus Hoss <ho_at_gruen-ag.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 15:01:39 +0200

Hi @ all,

we working with ORACLE 8i under LINUX (SuSE 8.1) and running into difficulties. The most problematic is: In spite of having 1GB RAM we are only able to start one tool at a time. For example: starting the enterprise manager only works one time. Closing it and starting it again with oemapp console cause no reaction. Other oracle apps won´t start too. Only choice reboot.
Another problem is: In spite of having a german environment (NLS_LANG = GERMAN_GERMANY.WE8ISO8859P15) the two databases run in American mode. Trying to alter the configuration ends up in a shutdown of the database but then the following startup fails.

Thanks in advance
Markus Hoß Received on Mon Aug 18 2003 - 08:01:39 CDT