svrmgrl does not run when login as root

From: Jeffrey Yee <jeffyee_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Aug 2003 22:44:14 -0700

Hi,

I have a monitoring and management application that needs to login to the monitored node as root and run some scripts that will connect to the database (I know, it's crazy to login as root, but this is the application requirement, to basically get the Oracle version running on the monitored server).

Well, the monitored node has 2 oracle sid, lets say test1 and test2, running on Oracle8i 8.1.7, on SunOS 5.8. I managed to get sqlplus running, by adding the following:
export ORACLE_HOME=/app/oracle/product/8.1.7 export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/lib export PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin

But I can't get svrmgrl to run, even after adding the following: export ORACLE_SID=test1

The error I get is as follow:
test1 # svrmgrl

Oracle Server Manager Release 3.1.7.0.0 - Production

Copyright (c) 1997, 1999, Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

ld.so.1: oracleibre: fatal: libskgxp8.so: open failed: No such file or directory
ld.so.1: oracleibre: fatal: libskgxp8.so: open failed: No such file or directory
ORA-12547: TNS:lost contact
SVRMGRL> I can find the libskgxp8.so in the $ORACLE_HOME/lib, and I can start SVRMGRL as oracle unix user.

In fact, I tried it on other server, which run on the same OS version, and have Oracle8i 8.1.7.4 db, and I can start both SVRMGRL and SQLPLUS, by just adding the ORACLE_HOME to the environment (I don't even need to set the ORACLE_SID & LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment varialble).

Please do advice, as I'm totally confuse. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Jeffrey Yee Received on Mon Aug 18 2003 - 00:44:14 CDT