Re: Associating an orphaned datafile with a new database

From: Maximus <qweqwe_at_qwqwewq.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 01:30:51 GMT

"Sam Jones" <zing43000_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2663d67c.0308161642.4e836526_at_posting.google.com...
> Not that it matters, since I think we can not recover the lost data...
> but we are running Oracle 9.0, under Mandrake Linux 9.0
> with archiving on. There is no systemfile (file #1).
>
> We do have all the archived redo logs since the database was started,
> but I understand we can not apply them to a new empty database.
>
> Thanks for your help. Now we have the very unpleasant task of
> rebuilding a database from scraps of paper.

Are you wanting to recover just the design? If so, see my other post, you can use this method to extract the contents of redo logs and recover all of the DDL involved in your design. The data can be recovered too, but without a valid data dictionary it's a lot of work to sort out. Received on Sat Aug 16 2003 - 20:30:51 CDT