Re: Associating an orphaned datafile with a new database

From: Sam Jones <zing43000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Aug 2003 17:42:53 -0700

Not that it matters, since I think we can not recover the lost data... but we are running Oracle 9.0, under Mandrake Linux 9.0 with archiving on. There is no systemfile (file #1).

We do have all the archived redo logs since the database was started, but I understand we can not apply them to a new empty database.

Thanks for your help. Now we have the very unpleasant task of rebuilding a database from scraps of paper.

-Sam