Associating an orphaned datafile with a new database

From: Sam Jones <zing43000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Aug 2003 02:53:48 -0700

Hi,
  We had a series of problems (human errors compounded by equipment failures compounded by the big blackout) that caused our only SystemFile to disappear, including our only backup of it. (Argh)   We kept all the local datafiles separate. We also have the latest valid control files and all online and archived redo logs.   Is there any way to create a new database (using the same creation script, file locations and sizes) as the old one, and convince Oracle that it should incorporate the saved/old datafiles from prior to the disaster?

  Thankful for any constructive advice,
  Sam Received on Sat Aug 16 2003 - 04:53:48 CDT