Re: log_archive_min_succeed_dest param

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 14:13:28 GMT

<m_j127_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am currently studying for the Fundamentals 2 exam and need some
> clarification on the following:
>
> This is the scenario:
> ARCn processes are writing online redo log files to one local
> mandatory destination, one local optional destination and one remote
> mandatory destination.
>
> LOG_ARCHIVE_MIN_SUCCEED_DEST=2
>
> What would happen if I had the same scenario above but the
> LOG_ARCHIVE_MIN_SUCCEED_DEST was set to 3 or any value greater than
> the mandatory and optional LOCAL destinations
>
> Thanks in advance

Hi

If your database is in archivelog mode, then you must have at least 1 copy of the redo log archived.

However, if you have more than one mandatory destination, then you must have at least all of those archived.

However if you have a LAMSD greater than the sum of mandatory destinations, then you must have all your mandatory dest plus some of the optional dest archived until you reach your LAMSD.

If you don't have enough dests to cover the LAMSD target, you've got problems.

Cheers

Richard Received on Fri Aug 15 2003 - 09:13:28 CDT