How Long to Update a table with 33 Million records

From: DOKNIK <dominiqs_at_o2.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:00:45 +0100

All,
I am just trying to find info on how long it will take to update a table with 33 million records . This will be done on an E-15K SUN machine with massive processing power, running Oracle 9i on Solaris 8 or 9

How long will it take to do this update statement ..any estimates

Here are the details

  1. SGA of the database is 6 Gb 2:Oracle Version is 9i
  2. network data records, primary key = telephone number (the key of our file)
  3. Rollback segments, as big or as small as we need!

(we don't have the database yet!).
However, we consider it to be something like:

Table
ID
DN (i.e. telephone number - 13 digitis)
Number of other columns
Flag (Y/N)

Indicies
A number of them on DN, and the other columes (assume 6)

Table size - 70 million records.

SQL Update Flag=Y Where DN=?????? Received on Fri Aug 15 2003 - 06:00:45 CDT