Re: sqlplus doing ftp :)

From: Tanel Poder <change_to_my_first_name_at_integrid.info>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 03:09:08 +0300

Hi!

> I saw this functionality quite some time ago. But I didn't do anything
> about it because it was easier for me to set SQLPATH and store the
> scripts locally. It's just too longwinded to prepend the script with a
> URL. But the feature is nice! Maybe in Oracle 10.0.2 they will let you
> use some sort of environment variable here. And it should have the
> ability to search multiple web servers, in order.

I was thinking about long url problem solutions here... one would be to map your web location to a local directory using webdav (where possible). But this is even better:

SQL> @http://localhost:7778/rinit.sql
@http://localhost:7778/&1

SQL> @r instance.sql

TIME USER INSTANCE_NAME HOST_NAME

20030815 03:04:14 ADMIN      orcl             PORGAND

SQL> I have a script named instance.sql in my web location and rinit.sql contents are very simple:

set define \
spool r.sql
prompt @http://localhost:7778/&1
spool off
set define &

The only problem is that you have to type .sql in the end of script name, but I do mostly anyway. Also, if you want to give parameters to your sql script from command line, you might have to modify rinit script...

Tanel. Received on Thu Aug 14 2003 - 19:09:08 CDT