Re: A few NG related questions

From: John <jbradshaw777_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Aug 2003 14:08:59 -0700

Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.19a54e63615ce2f598983e_at_news.la.sbcglobal.net>...
> When I was in college, I remember one of my sociology professors trying to
> convince me that the interviews of college women that appear in Playboy
> magazine were representative of the feelings of college women in general.
> Uh-huh. Sure.

Which issue was that? Let me look it up, that might help me understand women better :-)

> Statistics are interesting ... as long as you don't put too much faith in
> them. It's a good thing we don't have any statisticians lurking in this NG
> or I'd be in deep ... er, trouble.

Hate to disapoint you, I am almost a stastician. Let's just say I can guess within 95% confidence interval the standard deviation of people who are probably 90% confident of their ORACLE skills... or something like that. I think I will go review my books about stats.

John Received on Thu Aug 14 2003 - 16:08:59 CDT