Re: Tables and ring-like data structure?

From: Ramon F Herrera <ramon_at_conexus.net>
Date: 14 Aug 2003 13:38:54 -0700

Jan:

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am not sure I understand the actual implentation, though. It seems to me that you suggest I should create one table for every employee, something like this:

    PAYMENT_HISTORY_OF_<ssn here>

        paymente date;
        payment amount;

(is that it?) If that's the case I would end up with a really big number of tables. BTW: I have done that in the past, for performance. Is that good? Am I breaking any rules by having lots and lots of identical tables? As you can probably tell, I don't have much experience doing the initial table design.

TIA, -Ramon