Re: DBCA cannot run

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Aug 2003 09:24:35 -0700

garrylam <member34439_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:<3237315.1060828928_at_dbforums.com>...
> I used Blackdown JRE 1.1.8 v3
>
> I remembered that when I installed the Oracle 9i R1 , it will ask to
> input the java path, but no need in installing Oracle 9i R2.
>
> I have set Oracle_home and Oracle_Base in the oracle account
> bash_profile befroe install too
>
> export ORACLE_BASE=/u01/oracle
> export ORACLE_HOME=/u01/oracle/product/9.2.0.1
>
> does it mean I cannot set I cannot set Oracle Inventory to :
> /u01/oracle/orainventory ?

No. You should be able to set it to whatever you want. It just has to be different from $ORACLE_HOME.

However, the fact that $ORACLE_HOME/JRE/bin/jre does not exist is kinda strange. With default install, Oracle installs it's own JVM and links JRE to it.

I'm afraid I'm out of answers here. Received on Thu Aug 14 2003 - 11:24:35 CDT