Re: Migrating 8.1.6 database to 8.1.7.x

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:58:33 GMT

> We need to upgrade our production environment by Aug 25 to 8.1.7.4 on a
> Windows 2000 server. The application we are running does not yet support 9i
> and the company from which it comes has no intentions of even testing 9i for
> it's product until a future release. I will put 9i on our develepment
> environment as soon as we are at 8.1.7.4 in production.

I figured this was probably your case, which is why I said "if that is possible for your situation."

> Another question, can I just apply the 8.1.7.4 patch set or do I have to
> install every patch in order up to 81.7.4?

The 8.1.7.4 patchset is cumulative. You do not need to apply the 8.1.7.3 patchset first or any one-off patches created before 8.1.7.4.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com

"I can give it to you cheap, quick, and good. Now pick two out of  the three" Received on Thu Aug 14 2003 - 09:58:33 CDT