PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET question

From: Bob Maggio <zekmoeNoSpam_at_nycap.@rr.@com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 01:51:58 GMT

We are moving to PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET from sort_area sizes etc. However, I am unsure about sizing it. If I size it too large, is there any drawbacks, aside from some wasted memory? I'd rather err on the side of caution if possible. I've heard that 1m per connection is a good starting point. If I average 650 concurrent sessions, with maybe 10 to 20 active ones at any given moment, is setting it to 650m ok? I've used this in test DBs but haven't yet tried it on PROD ones. This is a 9i, not 9iR2 DB. Thanks for any rule of thumb advice.
Bob Received on Wed Aug 13 2003 - 20:51:58 CDT