Re: Autostarting 9iAS

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 13 Aug 2003 17:10:27 -0700

quarkman <quarkman_at_myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:<oprts51eyuzkogxn_at_haydn>...

> > Is this what you mean?
> >
> > http://download-
> > west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A97329_01/core.902/a92171/start.htm#1018128
> >
> > I searched in the docs for "start" which led to a bunch of
> > "Starting..." topics. This one has a bunch of UNIX commands for
> > starting Enterprise Manager and HTTP server.
> >
> > John
> > --
> > Photo gallery: http://www.pbase.com/john_russell/
>

> It's a good link, that's for sure. But no, it's not what I was after (which
> I'm beginning to think was a figment of my imagination anyway). The command
> line stuff is easy(ish). It's wrapping it into a shell script that can
> execute at boot time that's a bit trickier, and for which I thought Oracle
> had provided a sample script. Right now, for example, I have root starting
> the Enterprise Manager web site courtesy of rc.local... except that's not
> right, and you can tell it's not right because a billion and one java
> exceptions get thrown when you try to use the EM web site to start the ohs.
> So throw in a su -oracle -c emctl start, and all will be well?? Uh huh...
> the boot sequence now pauses waiting for an interactive command.
>
> I thought I'd seen how to do it somewhere without all this kerfuffle.

If you can figure our what interactive commands emctl is waiting for, put them in a hereis script, something like this;

#!/bin/yourfavoriteshellhere
# @(#) some what docs

emctl start <<EOF
whatever the heck it wants
EOF And call that from the su -c in your run command file.

Oh, maybe you saw it in Note:217624.1 on metalink, StartMidTier.sh

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/uniontrib/tue/business/news_1b12hp.html