Re: Moving a stored procedure

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:05:37 GMT

Hi tichi404_at_yahoo.com, you said...
> I am covering for our DBA who is on vacation - sorry if question seems
> dumb. I remember that
>
> SELECT *
> FROM sys.dba_source
> WHERE type = 'PROCEDURE'
>
> lists all the stored procedures in a database. But somone once showed
> me simple command to move stored procedure from a test database to
> production database (8i) inside sqlplus - I just can't remmber. Can
> anyone help?
>
> -- Ti

Please DO NOT use a command like below. I hope it doesn't even work! You'll be violating every know measure of sanity if you do.

I hope your friend didn't recommend something like:

insert into dba_source_at_proddb
  select * from dba_source_at_testdb
  where name = 'PROCEDURE_NAME';

If so, then you'd better find a new set of friends! Or a new job.

--
[:%s/Karsten Farrell/Oracle DBA/g]