Re: A few NG related questions

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:45:04 -0700

Answers interspersed.

John wrote:

> Hi, a few questions...
>
> * Are these ORACLE news groups moderated? I was under the impression
> that they are, but I am beginning to think I was wrong.

You are correct that your impression was incorrect.

> * I saw posting statistics posted from time to time. How are these
> ststs generated? Is ORACLE Corp. somehow involved?

Oracle is not involved though an Oracle employee, for fun, write a script to perform the calculations.

> * For people who have been in these NGs for a while, how has the
> traffic to these NGs changed over the years? I heard somebody say the
> traffic used to be much busier.

Don't seem much different to me.

> * For people who also visit the SQL server NGs, how do you compare the
> traffic, over the years? I was surprised to know there were many more
> SQL server related NGs than ORACLE, and I saw a lot of traffic over
> there.
>
> John

We don't concern ourselves with who has the most traffic. Rather with the value of the contents to those that are searching for help.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu