Re: Help: How to deal with tempfile

From: PdV <piet.de.visser_at_cmg.com>
Date: 12 Aug 2003 23:02:45 -0700

Joe, Group,

I think you can try two things :

  1. quick & dirty : in init.ora: instance_name=<newname>, and set lock_name_space=<any> this would allow you to open the "same" database, copied onto the same server. details : dataguard manuals on www.tahithi.com (and you do not need a gui to do this ;-)
  2. better (IMHO): on original db : backup control file to trace, and use this to re-create controlfile(s) for the new database, this will allow you to bring up a 2nd, differnent, db on the same server. details : look for "cloning a database", anywhere.

Regards,

PdV
Oracle DBA
Disclaimers : AU, DTMWFI, JMTC, YMWV, YGTP