Help: How to deal with tempfile

From: joe bayer <joebayerii(no-spam)_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 02:49:32 GMT

I am using 9.2.0.3 on red hat linux.
I am trying to clone a database on the same box.

Here is what I did
1) shut down the original database A.
2) copy all the redo log file, datafile, control file and tempfile to the new location

3) edit the init file to point to the new controlfile,
4) mount the database
5) alter database rename datafile 'xxx' to 'yyyy'
it works fine with ll the datafile and redo log file, but I can not rename tempfile
6 )start, mount and then open the cloned database B.

but I can not start the database A now, because the database can not recognize the tempfile any more.

What is the correct way of doing it?

Your help is highly appreciated. Received on Tue Aug 12 2003 - 21:49:32 CDT