Re: Default Password for ias_admin? Forbidden error after iasdb schema password change...

From: quarkman <quarkman_at_myrealbox.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 06:32:16 +1000

On 12 Aug 2003 11:47:07 -0700, Paul <paulw_at_advancedpower.com> wrote:

> I changed the password in my iasdb database (for my admin username
> "portal")using ALTER USER and now I can't even get to my Oracle
> Portal. Instead, I get the error:
>
> FORBIDDEN You don't have permission to access /pls/portal/portal.home
> on this server.
>
> I tried changing the password back, but I don't know what the password
> was. Oracle support tells me the default schema password for user
> "portal" is the same as the default password for user IAS_ADMIN but I
> don't that default password either.
>
> Does anyone know the default password for either user "ias_admin" or
> "portal" for Oracle Portal 9iAS release 2?
>
> Thanks!

I don't think there is a default: you get prompted for it as part of the install.

At the command line, run $ORACLE_HOME/bin/emctl authenticate ias_admin <password you think should work>.

Alternatively, try $ORACLE_HOME/bin/emctl set password <new one>.

Regards
HJR Received on Tue Aug 12 2003 - 15:32:16 CDT