Re: [PL/SQL] Objects

From: Daniel Roy <danielroy10junk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Aug 2003 06:54:05 -0700

In Oracle, the advantages of using objects is not different than in any other language. The advantages of object-oriented programming are well-documented in numerous book (encapsulation, modularity, ...). In PL/SQL, try to read about bulk operations with collections (chapter 5 of PL/SQL manual on tahiti.oracle.com), as they can help performance tremendiously. By using them, you certainly don't need any additional columns, or temporary table.

Daniel