TEMP tablespace file suddenly increasing in size

From: Randi Wølner <randiwolner_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:48:39 +0200

Oracle 8.1.7.4 on AIX:

We have the TEMP tablespace in an autoextensible file. The file has "suddenly" started to grow. This might have to do with new code (views / triggers / packages), and there has also been some bad performance at the same time that the increasing size of the TEMP datafile was discovered.

How can we find what code is making the TEMP-tablespace grow?

If we change the datafile option to AUTOEXTEND=NO - what kind of trouble might that cause?

Randi W. Received on Tue Aug 12 2003 - 02:48:39 CDT