A little baffled by "chained rows"....

From: Jodi Elisabeth <theheadchick_at_elisabethco.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 06:11:50 GMT

and I say "chained rows" but they aren't really, they must be migrated because my block size is 8K and my avg row len for this table is 700 bytes.

SO, that said...I had a theory and I ran it past oracle...My theory to fix the "chained" rows was to copy the data out to another table (create table as select OR insert into select *), drop the offending table, recreate the table (with the new pctfree and pctused params) as select from my copy.

Oracle said SURE, that's one way to fix it all in one swoop without having to exp/imp.

Well, I didn't work. I still have the chained rows. I was hoping to avoid the whole exp/imp thing...is that the only thing that will work for this? How is that fundamentally different than what I tried?

Thanks!
Jodi (the baffled!) Received on Tue Aug 12 2003 - 01:11:50 CDT