Re: Generic Connectivity via OLEDB

From: Dave Hau <davehau_nospam_123_at_nospam_netscape.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 01:30:15 GMT

"pIDataInitialize->LoadStringFromStorage" is the OLEDB procedure call to load the connection string from the data link file. The error code -2147287038 indicates that there's some problem with accessing the file, e.g. file not found, permission issue etc.

The best thing to do is to log in as the oracle user (or whichever identity you're having the HA generic connectivity agent run under) and make sure you can read the file "D:\Progra~1\Test\Udl\access.udl".

Cheers,
Dave