Generic Connectivity via OLEDB

From: Chris Reigrut <chris_at_teravation.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 17:44:47 -0600

I'm attempting to be able to link a table via OLEDB. I've gotten Generic Connectivity to work via ODBC, but not OLEDB. In fact, as a test, I've created a tiny Access database, and I'm trying to link to it both via ODBC and OLEDB--ODBC works, OLEDB fails.

I've actually tried it with a different data source (a proprietary DB) and it fails in exactly the same way. If there's any chance that someone out there either a) sees what I'm missing, or b) has actually mananged to connect via OLEDB & Generic Connectivity to ANY data source, any information you might be able to provide would be VERY appreciated!

ORA-28500: connection from ORACLE to a non-Oracle system returned this message:
[Generic Connectivity Using
OLEDB_SQL](pIDataInitialize->LoadStringFromStorage:rc=-2147287038):Extended =
ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from ACCESSOLEDB

tnsnames.ora (excerpt)
ACCESS.ODBC=
   (DESCRIPTION =

     (ADDRESS_LIST =

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = MARS)(PORT = 1521))
) (CONNECT_DATA=
(SID = ACCESSODBC)
) (HS=OK)

   )

ACCESS.OLEDB=
   (DESCRIPTION =

     (ADDRESS_LIST =

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = MARS)(PORT = 1521))
) (CONNECT_DATA=
(SID = ACCESSOLEDB)
) (HS=OK)

   )

listener.ora (excerpt)

     (SID_DESC=

(SID_NAME = ACCESSODBC)
(ORACLE_HOME = D:\Oracle\ora92)
(PROGRAM = hsodbc)
) (SID_DESC=
(SID_NAME = ACCESSOLEDB)
(ORACLE_HOME = D:\Oracle\ora92)
(PROGRAM = hsolesql)
)

initACCESSODBC.ora (excerpt)
HS_FDS_CONNECT_INFO = ACCESS
HS_FDS_TRACE_LEVEL = OFF initACCESSOLEDB.ora (excerpt)
HS_FDS_CONNECT_INFO ="UDLFILE=D:\Progra~1\Test\Udl\access.udl" HS_FDS_TRACE_LEVEL = OFF Received on Mon Aug 11 2003 - 18:44:47 CDT