Re: Oracle 8 Tuning

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:07:42 -0700

Mike wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have around 25 databases on my HP Unix Box.These databases are
> running on Oracle 8.0.5.I need to start looking at the performance
> aspects of these databases.Can someone please tell me what areas do I
> concentrate on?
>
> TIA
>
> Mike

I can't think of anything to say that hasn't already been said but can't resist stating that Thorazine should have been administered long ago. This should be one database, one instance. 25 schemas. Unless you have some overwhelming desire to make an HP server meltdown.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu