Re: missing datafile

From: Hieraklion <hiera_klion_at_duchemol.fr>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 17:44:50 +0200

"yls177" <yls177_at_hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news: c06e4d68.0308110457.32d750b6_at_posting.google.com...
> we did a offline backup. backup was successful. however, in our
> script, we forget to include a newly added datafile into the backups.
> therefore, the successful backup is short of one missing data file. my
> question is that is it possible to restored this offline backup in
> another box considering that a datafile is not present.

"Bonjour" from Paris,

Well, the answer depends the achive mode your database is in.

In noarchivemode, the best way i think is to use the offline drop command in order to delete the reference of this file in the controlfile when you willattemptto open the database.

In archivemode, there is a special "touuchy" operation (see Note 29430.1) on Metalink. In this operation your can re-create the datafile during the backup phase.

Good luck.

"Au revoir" from pParis.
Hieraklion

Hieraklion

Pour répondre, remplacer "duchemol" par "noos". To answer, replace "duchemol" by "noos". Received on Mon Aug 11 2003 - 10:44:50 CDT