Re: Empty table - many extents

From: Randi Wølner <randiwolner_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 16:22:54 +0200

You are probably right about the table being used in a "different manner", as someone forgot to add a COMMIT following those operations I described. Then there would always be a delay until the user commited something else. When this behavior was found the code was changed, but nothing was done to the table.

I have already truncated the table now, it seemed to help - I will also try adding a Primary key and using a temporary table to find out what is best.

Thanks to all of you for the answers, you have been very helpful!!

Randi W