Re: Log file I/O throughput

From: Matt <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Aug 2003 00:30:18 -0700

Thanks for your advice.

There are some good suggestions about improving the I/O throughput of the logs. My main concern was about the fact that the OS I/O statistics do not reflect the Oracle I/O bottleneck.

I guess it must boil down to the fact that that it is an intensive OLTP system.

I wil periodically try sar -d and check the avgque length.

Thanks again

Matt Received on Mon Aug 11 2003 - 02:30:18 CDT