oracle on linux

From: vic <v.tsien_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 01:56:11 GMT

I found 8.1.5 version of Oracle for RedHat linux, that I got years ago from oracle open world. I plan to give it a try to get some taste of oracle on linux (although most of my oracle experiences are on solaris or nt flatforms). My test linux machine (redhat 7.3) has about 128m memory therefore, it can only run 8.1.5 or versions lower. When I ran runInstaller from the cd it was asking to enter password. I have never seen this phenonenum before with sun or nt. Is there anybody test-installed 8.1.5 before and came across similar senario? I tried "oracle" or others as the password. But it keeps asking me. There was just no way to continue. TIA Received on Sun Aug 10 2003 - 20:56:11 CDT