Re: Book recommendations? (FAQ?)

From: Gary Cornell <gary_at_thecornells.com>
Date: 10 Aug 2003 02:33:29 -0700

Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk> wrote in message news:<E2F6A70FE45242488C865C3BC1245DA703FEEE61_at_lnewton.leeds.lfs.co.uk>...
> Morning Richard,
>
> for a beginner I'd recommend these two, if you can get them :
>
> Tom Kyte : Expert one on one Oracle. (Wrox press)
>
> > Sean Dillan etc al : Beginning Oracle Programming (Wrox Press)
>

> Problems : Wrox Press went belly up as a result of their parent company
> doing likewise. The books might be available from Wiley at some point as
> they bought up all the 'good stuff' with APress getting some as well.
> Get down to your local Borders or whatever as quick as you can !

 Actually Apress owns the rights to both of these books. Our reprint of Tom Kyte's book (ISBN = 1-59059-243-3) left the printer a few days ago and should be in bookstores in a couple of weeks. "Beginning Oracle Programming" is being revised but if there is enough demand, we could issue an unchanged reprint!

Gary Cornell
Apress Author/Co-Founder/Publisher Received on Sun Aug 10 2003 - 04:33:29 CDT