Re: Oracle9i/Win newbie questions

From: jcd <newsgroup-responses-1_at_waycoolgear.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 01:20:04 -0400

Well I uninstalled using the Oracle Universal Installer; then I also did a Windows System Restore to a point before I tried to install my old copy of Oracle 8 a week or so ago.

Anyway I just reinstalled and chose the Enterprise option. Everything seems to work OK. But even after all of the above, the Installer still did not come up with the DEFAULT_DATABASE option. I have no idea where that data was put on my PC, but it wasn't in any directory or Registry location that I could find!

Today I bought the "Oracle9i A Beginner's Guide" & and have made some good progress from glancing through it as well as your's and other's help in this newsgroup.

Thanks again ! Received on Sun Aug 10 2003 - 00:20:04 CDT