Re: design question, use of partitioned tables?

From: Tanel Poder <change_to_my_first_name_at_integrid.info>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 22:05:59 +0300

Hi!

> Good stuff. Do you have a paper on all these lob load
> issues and performance, or know of one somewhere?
> I couldn't find much info other than the manuals and
> there is a lot there to filter through.

Unfortunately I don't, but you gave me a good idea for a useful paper now ;)

When I was searching for "paper lob performance" in Google I found an intrguing doc from CERN, where they tested Oracle8i for collecting data from one of their ion colliders. Data load rates up to 1,5GB per sec!!! And they're talking petabytes man ;)
Check: http://www.ihep.ac.cn/~chep01/paper/4-010.pdf

Also it includes a nice hint about using bitmap indexes on high cardinality columns.

Tanel. Received on Sat Aug 09 2003 - 14:05:59 CDT