Re: help: How could I find the free space info for temporary tablespace, tempfile

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 10:39:22 +0200

joe bayer <joebayerii(no-spam)@hotmail.com> schreef in berichtnieuws E%XYa.576$Z37.222_at_nwrdny03.gnilink.net...
| We are using oracle 9.2 on linux
|
| We used to use dba_data_files/dba_free_space to calculate how much
| percentage a tablespace is free.
|
| But now we have temporary tablespace using tempfile, I found
| dba_temp_files, but there is no dba_temp_free_space.
|
| Could someone tell me how do you calculate how much of a temporary
| tablespace is free?
|
| Thanks for your help.

I don't know where to find what's free. But you can see what is used in the views V$SORT_SEGMENT and V$SORT_USAGE.
In this kind of situations I always browse in the Oracle Reference where all static and dynamic views are described. In most cases I find what I'am looking for. Received on Sat Aug 09 2003 - 03:39:22 CDT