Re: database access through Firewall

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 09:59:18 +0200

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 09:48:04 +0200, "zeb" <thierry.constant1.nospam_at_free.fr> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a database DB on a machine A in a DMZ behind a firewall
>In the LAN, only machine B can access the database through the firewall
>How can I access database DB from the other machines of the LAN ( like PC)
>??
>Something like a remote listener ?
>CMAN ?
>
>Thanks for your help
>
>Oracle 8.1.7
>HP-UX 11.0

- use_shared_sockets = true env var on the server, need to open up only one port
- configure mts and mts_dispatcher to use a fixed port. Disadvantage: one dispatcher can only deal with about 30 connections - use cman. Can deal with network address translation and can include and exclude nodes

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Aug 09 2003 - 02:59:18 CDT