Re: exp/imp utilities index space

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 16:41:23 -0700

Srinivas wrote:

> Hi DBA gurus,
>
> In our app setup we use separate table and index spaces. We use
> exp/imp utilties to transfer between different schemas wihtin a
> database or between different databases. We do not exportof indexes
> (index=n during exp)
>
> If we create all the tables and indexes before import, then I will be
> able to define index space name along with each index creation.
>
> But I do not create tables and indexes before import, then where will
> be indexes created after the import? How is it possible to configure
> in a such a way that it uses separate index space rather than temp?
>
> thanks,
> Chowdary

Follow Anton's advice ... but keep in mind that there is no logical reason to place tables and indexes in separate tablespaces. The advice to do so, if it was ever valid, is no nothing more than mythology.

Separate items to spread out I/O. Separating tables and indexes may, or more likely, will not accomplish this goal.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu