Re: HW deadlock?

From: Andrew Mobbs <andrewm_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Date: 09 Aug 2003 00:25:08 +0100 (BST)

Andrew Mobbs <andrewm_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've had a somewhat confusing deadlock, before I raise an ITAR, could
>somebody confirm (or deny) my interpretation. To me this looks like
>two sessions deadlocking while extending the high water mark. The two
>tables are in the same tablespace. Is this a bug in Oracle? We're running
>version 9.2.0.3 on HP-UX 11.11. I've had a look on metalink, but can't
>see anything relevant.

[snip]

I was asked by email to post a follow-up.

Yes, it is an unpublished bug, it's something or other to do with automatic undo management. Apparently it will be fixed in 9.2.0.4.

...anybody else get the impression AUM isn't the most solid feature Oracle have ever introduced?

(e.g. this article for the fun I had with it last year http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=QTe*2zLsp%40news.chiark.greenend.org.uk )

--
Andrew Mobbs - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~andrewm/