Re: Can this Sun doc be trusted?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 00:58:37 +0200

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 15:44:15 -0500, Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow> wrote:

>What has me concerned about this is making the system tablespace the
>default for the user oracle. Am I missing something or is Sun simply
>blindly recommending the lowest common denominator default, kind of
>like Oracle's poorly configured, shake-it-out-of-the-box starter
>database?

I wouldn't rely too much on Sun's Oracle expertise. The Suncluster 2.2 ha monitor didn't recognize the @ in init.ora parameters, which was really a pain, as they did use the background_dump_dest parameter from init.ora
So, yes, they are blindly recommeding.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Aug 08 2003 - 17:58:37 CDT