Re: [PL/SQL] Problem with query

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 22:55:31 +0200

gszalach <member34649_at_dbforums.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 3216730.1060334690_at_dbforums.com...

| Hi,
|
| In many modules of my application I assume that i do not know name of
| columns of the table. So I query dba_tab_columns for the names.
| I don't know how to build query returning values for all these columns.
| I can't use 'execute immediate' because I can't use as output parameter
| variable 'row MyTableName%rowtype'.
| Do you have any ideas how to resolve this problem??
|
| szalas
|
| --

And don't query dba_tab_columns but all_tab_columns or user_tab_columns. There are not many dba's that want to give access to DBA% views for an application, specially when this can easily be avoided. What happens if the table exists twice in the database? Received on Fri Aug 08 2003 - 15:55:31 CDT