Can this Sun doc be trusted?

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 15:44:15 -0500

In starting to do some research for my first clustered installation of Oracle (OPS? RAC?) I was reading through docs at http://docs.sun.com/db/doc/817-1527/6mh8jv3uv?q=oracle+ha&a=view

There, in a section on "Ohow to Set Up Oracle Database Permissions" they have this bit . . .

To use the Oracle authentication method . . . enter the following . . ." (in SQL*Plus)

connect / as sysdba
grant connect, resource to <user> default tablespace system quota 1m on system.
grant select on v_$sysstat to <user>;
grant create session to <user>;
grant create table to <user>;

then they go on to give a more concrete example:

create suer ops$oracle identified by externally default tablespace system quota 1m on system;
grant connect, resource to ops$oracle;
grant select on v_$sysstat to ops$oracle; grant create session to ops$oracle;
grant create table to ops$oracle;

What has me concerned about this is making the system tablespace the default for the user oracle. Am I missing something or is Sun simply blindly recommending the lowest common denominator default, kind of like Oracle's poorly configured, shake-it-out-of-the-box starter database? Received on Fri Aug 08 2003 - 15:44:15 CDT