Can 8.0.5 server/client coexist with Oracle Client 8.1.7 in a same box?

From: K. Hui <kchui_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Aug 2003 13:01:06 -0700

I have a client in Europe that he has a NT box with Oracle 8.0.5 server on it. We have some applications that use Oracle ODBC 8.0.5 driver and have memory leaks problem. After a number of testings, we found that using Oracle 8.1.8b ODBC driver with 8.1.7 Oracle client has the best result (it still shows a little memory leak but is much better).
Since the applications reside on the same box of the Oracle server and the server is being used by other applications too. The client does not want to upgrade the server to 8.1.7. The client also refuses to install another box so that my applications can be run from a different box. So here are my questions: 1) Can I install 8.1.7 client and 8.1.8b ODBC driver on the same box of the Oracle 8.0.5 server?
2) If yes, how can I configure my applications to use the 8.1.8b ODBC driver while other applications continue to use Oracle 8.0.5 client software?

3) Or any pointers to solve the problem?

Thanks Received on Fri Aug 08 2003 - 15:01:06 CDT