Re: MySQL 4

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 08:30:09 -0700

Heikki Tuuri wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> kirjoitti viestissä
>
> > And will that enforce a constraint such as 'a date of birth can not be in
> the
> > future' ?
>
> sorry, CHECK constraints are not implemented yet in MySQL.
>
> Stored procedures already work in MySQL-5.0. Maybe soon we can write CHECK
> constraints using triggers.
>
> > --
> > Daniel Morgan
>
> Best regards,
>
> Heikki Tuuri
> Innobase Oy
> http://www.innodb.com
> Transactions, foreign keys, and a hot backup tool for MySQL

The question I asked has nothing to do with check constraints. SYSDATE can not be used in a check constraint. It has to do with triggers.

But the point of the question is irrelevant to how it is done. If this type of constraint is not possible ... neither is enforcing data integrity.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu