Re: design question, use of partitioned tables?

From: Nuno Souto <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 8 Aug 2003 00:17:24 -0700

Manuela Mueller <mueller_m_at_fiz-chemie.de> wrote in message news:<bgt878$r2t9n$1_at_uni-berlin.de>...

> Answers embedded

Ah yes, I forgot. If you really want top speed, try also *with* LOGGING enabled! Not ARCHIVE log, just no NOLOGGING option anywhere in create table.

In my system and because I have very fast redo log writing, this resulted in the least time to create 20K very large rows: under 1 minute.

There you go: one example where NOLOGGING may actually be slower than not using it...

Cheers
Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam Received on Fri Aug 08 2003 - 02:17:24 CDT