Re: MySQL 4

From: Maximus <qweqwe_at_qwqwewq.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 23:16:55 GMT

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3F32D112.53504C72_at_exxesolutions.com...
> Maximus wrote:
>
> > "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message

> > fluff

> > where it
> > the
> > >
> > > Sometimes you don't need relational integrity either I presume.
> >
> > Since version 3.23.43b MySQL has supported foreign key constraints when
> > using the InnoDB table type.
>
> And will that enforce a constraint such as 'a date of birth can not be in
the
> future' ?

MySQL supports foreign key constraints but not check constraints, though the next major version will be SQL-99 compliant and will fully support foreign key constraints, check constraints, triggers, and procedures using a language similar to pl/sql, that is the general direction MySQL going. Received on Thu Aug 07 2003 - 18:16:55 CDT